Doctor insights on:
Patching For Amblyopia
Depends: Ambliopia is the process where the brain ignores the "camera" picture from one eye because it is less clear or causes double vision.It can sometimes be improved if the weaker eye is strengthened (glasses), the stronger eye is patched or if the eye is lined up better with surgery.If the distortion was recent,it might help,but most distortions start early and patching after age 8 has limited benefit ...Read more
Chances to treat amblyopia in anisometropia OD + 2.75 OS + 4.00 in 7 year old? Patching 2hr per day as well. Thanks
Rapid onset adult amblyopia.Vision worsening,mostly due wandering eye that seems impossible to keep in tandem.Did patch method 4mo. No change.Causes?
Puzzling assumption: Vision worsening because of wandering eye is expected, but often the wondering is triggered by other eye or eye muscle issues. If alignment cannot be maintained the brain will deny input from one eye=amblyopia. Get the best evaluation by an ophthalmologist you can and hope for the best. ...Read more
Try it: At age 33, chances of success are less, but patching your stronger eye will not hurt anything. It used to be thought that amblyopia (lazy eye) could be corrected by patching until age 7. There have been many successes at later ages, but it becomes more difficult. If the lazy eye is deviated, crossing in or out, it will be good to try to strengthen it before surgical options are considered. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Effectiveness : Patching the stronger eye can help keep the brain from turning off the input from the weaker eye.That process called amblyopia, takes place if eyes are misaligned causing double vision or one eye gives a blurry image.If the problem is not fixed by the time the visual system matures (6-8yr) it is unlikely to be helpful. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will a lidocaine patch test positive for cocaine in urinalysis
- How long could it take for me to get pregnant after i stop using the patch?
- How long does it take for butrans patch to work?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Phenol patch for pain
- Why do you need a patch for both eyes after retinal detachment surgery?
- Is it safe for a person with amblyopia to have lasik surgery?
- Home remedies for a dry patch of skin on the forehead
- Talk to a pediatrician online