Doctor insights on:
Parvo Infection In Humans
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Cossert : Y. E. Cossert and colleagues first discovered the human parvovirus and published their work in the medical journal the lancet in 1975. The designation b19 with it refers to the coding of the sample in which it was found while looking for viruses using an electron microscope. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it possible to test for parvovirus b19 to detect whether you've previously had it or is testing only for current infections?
Parvo B19 testing: It is possible to test for it after infection, if that would help your health in some way. ...Read more
Fifth Disease: Parvo b19 virus causes upper respiratory symtpoms and low grade fever which resolve promptly, to be followed by a facial rash with a "slapped cheek" appearance. The remainder of the body soon develops rashes, sparing the palms and soles. The rash will soon show central clearing, which has a "lacy, fishnet" appearance. The illness is mild and self-limited, and the rash waxes & wanes. No treatment. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Parvo virus in humans
- Parasite infection symptoms in humans
- Tapeworm infections in humans
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes a staph infection in humans?
- What causes staph infections in humans?
- Can a cryptococcus gattii infection in a human be asymptomatic for years?
- Protozoan infections in humans
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online