Doctor insights on:
Partially Blocked Carotid Artery
Arteries are a type of blood vessels. We can divide blood vessels into 2 categories. Arteries are high pressure vessels which deliver (red) oxygen + blood out into the body. Veins on the other hand or low pressure vessels which return (dark) oxygent - blood from the body ...Read more
Just depends: There are a lot of options when discussing carotid artery disease. The treatment guidelines are very strict and are based on symptoms and the degree of narrowing found on tests. The options range from observation to placing a stent or surgery to remove the blockage. It is really hard to tell which one is the right treatment until evaluated by a vascular surgeon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My grandfather had a stroke. His carotid arteries are 100% and 85% blocked. What kind of surgery does he need?
Depends: We do not perform surgeries to open up complete (100%) blockages. For the side with 85% blockage he should first and foremost be on an Aspirin as well as a cholesterol lowering statin medication for optimal medical management. The surgical options are an open carotid endarterectomy or a carotid stent. If he can tolerate anesthesia then an open procedure is preferred. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i exercise with a partially blocked carotid artery?
- Symptoms of blocked carotid artery in neck
- Alzheimers patient blocked carotid artery
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- 90 blocked carotid artery
- Symptoms of a blocked carotid artery in the neck
- Diet and exercise for blocked carotid artery
- Blocked carotid artery in neck
- Talk to a cardiologist online