Doctor insights on:
Partial Dry Socket
Dry socket: "Dry Socket" means the clot has washed out and bone is now exposed to the oral environment. That's what causes painful damage to the bone. Your Dentist or Oral Surgeon Specialist should be contacted for treatment if extraction site becomes unduly painful. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No dry socket, but DR put medpack in just in case. Told its ok to leave in next 4 dys. Is this OK? Will it hurt when removed Monday? It hurt going in.
Unknown: The cause of dry socket is not completely known. The general hypothesis used are: bone tissue that's been traumatized during the extraction and tissue activators that cause the blood clot to disintegrate. The lack of blood clot in socket and exposed alveolar bone is a factor not a cause. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i get a dry socket 6 days after my tooth was pulled?
- Is it normal for the medicine pack for a dry socket to fall out?
- Can you drink alcohol with a dry socket?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a dry socket heal on its own?
- Can you get a dry socket after a week?
- Can you get dry socket after 2 weeks?
- Early signs of dry socket
- Talk to a dentist online for free