Doctor insights on:
Temp vs Permannent: A flipper partial denture is more of a temporary acrylic partial that is meant to serve as a vehicle to further more permanent treatment in the future- implants, permanent partial, etc. It often is used to allow the tissue to heal first prior to getting a permanent prosthesis. A flexible partial serves as a permanent denture, especially for those who don't want metal or have teeth that are weak. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: The adjustment period for partial dentures varies greatly from patient to patient. Some are quick to adapt and others struggle. My advice is to be stubborn and don't give up. The more you wear your partial, the quicker you will get used to it. Do not get frustrated and see your dentist for adjustments that may be needed. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Partial denture: It is important to clean your partial and your remaining teeth to keep your mouth healthy. Take your partial out at least twice a day to clean it and also brush your teeth. You can use a soft toothbrush without toothpaste or a cleaner made for partials to soak it in. Continue to see your dentist for regular exams and cleanings. Your remaining teeth are very important. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I imagine it can....: However, it does not have to be that way. With some adjustments the pain can be eliminated. By carefully fitting the appliances upon initial delivery the discomfort can be minimized. With proper adjustments and an attitude of persistence, comfort can be obtained. Many patients are very pleased with a denture and partial denture.... ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take to get used to wearing a partial denture?
- Can a partial denture be clasped to one of my porcelain teeth?
- My partial denture teeth seem short compared to my natural teeth
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Fixed partial denture design
- Fixed partial denture
- Symptoms of ovarian cyst after partial hysterectomy
- What could cause vaginal bleeding 2 years after a partial hysterectomy?
- Talk to a dentist online for free