Doctor insights on:
Parasites That Cause Diarrhea
Loose stools is a symptom in which a person's stool (poop) does not hold its shape after it goes into the toilet. Instead of remaining a shaped piece of poop, the poop spreads out in the toilet bowl water. Very loose stool is called diarrhea. Loose stool can be caused by infections, certain foods or drinks, ...Read more
Had a bout of food poisoningin florida last tuesday. Still dont feel great. Cramping and loose stools. Do I have a parasite? How can I know?
Been passing mucus with/without stool for 2 X wks. Some loose stools. Not inflammation or parasites, blood and stool test normal. What could it be?
Sudden Small Amts of mucus in stool every other day intermittent with loose stools for 2 wks. Fbc normal, stool parasite test negative. Colon cancer?
Intestinal parasites: Diarrhea is usually caused by parasites living in the intestines. These can be unicellular like amoeba or giardia, or can be multicellular like worms. They can also invade other tissues at times and can make the host anemic or cause other chronic problems, so they should be diagnosed and treated as early as possible. Symptomatic persons should seek diagnosis and treatment. ...Read more
They can cause: either in addition to weight lossGet a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Bacteria vs parasite diarrhea
- Human parasite that causes dandruff
- What are the causes of parasites in humans?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Parasites that cause weight gain
- Giardiasis caused parasite
- Skin rash caused by parasites
- Parasite causes lymphedema
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free