Doctor insights on:
Parakeet Bird Flu
Depends: Complex question: 1. Depending on genetic predisposition, some people may ignore it because it doesn't give them the terrible signs and symptoms that most other people get 2. Most people will treat their infection like any other flu-like illness and therefore, not ignoring it. 3.You will die if you truly doing nothing for "bird flu", likely from a secondary infection or other complication. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Avian influenza: The avian flu virus (h5n1) has been shown to survive in the environment for long periods of time. Infection may be spread simply by touching contaminated surfaces. Birds who were infected with this flu can continue to release the virus in their feces and saliva for as long as 10 days. This is not transmitted to humans from other mammals as of yet. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Agree w Dr. Singh.: Symptoms of avian flu include fever, cough, sore throat, muscle aches ; pains ; occasionally conjunctivitis or gastrointestinal symptoms (nausea, vomiting or diarrhea). Complications can include pneumonia, respiratory failure, as well as renal ; cardiac complications. It has been lethal in > 50% of infected people. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a parakeet spread bird flu?
- Bird flu
- How long do bird flu symptoms last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Symptoms of bird flu in human beings
- Rheumatoid arthritis and bird flu shots
- Can cleaning a backyard bird bath give me bird flu?
- Where did bird flu start
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online