Doctor insights on:
Paradoxical Or See Saw Respiration
Chest IN & tummy OUT: In normal young children, both the chest and tummy expand when breathing in. With paradoxical breathing, the tummy expands when breathing in, but the chest gets sucked inward (downward). Paradoxical breathing can be normal in babies & toddlers because their chest cages are still "soft". After age 2-3 years, normal toddlers (without airway restriction) usually don't have paradoxical breathing. ...Read more
Not very common: A paradoxical reaction to a med is one that causes the opposite of usual expected effect. In a benzodiazepine it would be anxiety, insomnia, over-stimulation or agitation. If this occurs, one would suspect an unidentified underlying problem as associative cause (such as bipolar disorder, thyroid disease, drug abuse). In any case, discontinuation would be indicated & a search for other causes made. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Taking qvar 80mcg for past 2 day and my breathing returned to normal. Is it okay to stop using it for a few days to see if i can function without it?
My 5 month baby has a cold and breathing harder, and I see his ribs move. Should I take him to the e.R.?
I have been suffered from short of breathing since one week.l have also flu.what is It? At this time I don't want to see a doctor.any suggestion plz.
Losing fat around chest/ ribs, can feel ribs more lately. 22, 6ft2, 104kg. Big appetite still. Can see ribs when breathing in. What can cause this?
Fat loss: Losing fat and losing weight are two different things. If you are losing weight, and still eating the same and not trying to lose, than get and evaluation for "abnormal weight loss." if you are losing fat, and becoming more toned, this is a good thing. Maybe you are more active, or exercising and do not realize it? ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How soon in pregnancy can you see or feel a change in your breasts?
- How do i know if i should see a massage therapist or a chiropractor?
- What kind of doctor sees somebody for bartholin abscess or cyst?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Having blood clots during my period pad covered in them should i see cnp or gyn
- I have no insurance or money to see a doctor what can i do to treat bad joints
- Unexplained fever in 2 year old for 2 days see doctor or wait another day
- What diseases and conditions cause the eyes to see flashing or pulsating lights?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free