Doctor insights on:
Parachute Coconut Oil
Coconut oil: Coconut oil is saturated medium chain fatty acids which do not need modification for absorption or bile for digestion. It effects calorie burning. It is a source of b hydroxybyturate which may benefit neuro-degenerative diseases and is a moisturizer of skin and hair. The fact the fat is medium chain offsets that is is saturated. Palm and cottonseed oil are best avoided. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not really: Coconut oil actually is not healthy but it is a good alternative to butter and margarine for baking purposes. Its main fat, a saturated fat called lauric acid, may have some anti-infection benefits and is believed tor raise good cholesterol. However, few studies in humans have actually been done. Most studies done are from brazil and philippines, where coconut products are a major export. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does coconut oil help scars?
- Using coconut oil as personal lubricant
- Coconut oil good for sunburn
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Coconut oil for skin burns
- Coconut oil for tinea versicolor
- Does coconut oil heal scars?
- Can coconut oil cause yeast infections?
- Is coconut oil good for vagina health?