Doctor insights on:
Other way: Fibromyalgia is not an autoimmune disease and does not predispose an individual to a rheumatic disease. However, rheumatoid arthritis and other rheumatic diseases and any chronic diseases (depression, copd, etc.) do predispose individuals to developing fibromyalgia. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
They don't: These are really virtually identical.Get a more detailed answer ›
No real cure: Sydenham described a specific form of chorea associated with strep infections. This can occur with rheumatic fever. Sle and other auto immune disorders can result in chorea or other neurological conditions. For strep it is necessary to give pennicillin. Steroids and embril may help. ...Read more
Infection: Rheumatic fever is caused by a bacteria and usually from a strept throat. Some people are more prone to get such an infection. Poor dental care as well as poor overal hygiene can predispose someone to getting the infection. The infection can leave permanent damage to heart muscle an valves. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Drugs rheumatic heart disease
- Rheumatic heart disease surgery
- Treat rheumatic heart disease
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Symptoms of rheumatic disease
- What causes rheumatic fever?
- Voltaren gel rheumatic
- What is a rheumatic disease?
- Talk to a cardiologist online