Doctor insights on:
Painful Lumps In The Breasts
Hormones: Many women have breasts that feel lumpy, thick, and tender, especially right before their periods. These symptoms are called fibrocystic breast changes. They may also be called cyclic breast changes, because they come and go with your menstrual cycle. Fibrocystic breast changes are normal and benign, and can occur with hormonal changes that occur during your cycle. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Have these lumps: Been evaluated? If not, medical evaluation would be prudent. ...Read more
They can be.: A common misconception is that if a woman has a tender, painful lump in their breast, it is unlikely to be cancer. While it is true that many women with breast cancer do not have breast pain, the presence of pain does not exclude cancer as the cause. Bottom line: a new lump in the breast, painful or not, warrants medical evaluation. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are malignant breast lumps painful?
- Painful breast lumps in young women
- Can cancerous breast lumps be painful?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Painful lumps under arms
- Painful lumps on scalp and neck
- Painful lumps on feet
- Painful lumps in my armpit
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online