Doctor insights on:
Pain Talus Fracture
Not unusual.: Depending on the location and type of fracture is possible to experience pain on the top of the foot. Treatment depends of the location and type of injury. Treatment option can be conservative or surgical. Immobilization of the area with a rigid walking boot, splint, brace or a cast is usually required. Follow up x-rays are taken to monitor the healing. Seek professional advice. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Broken bone is also known as Fracture. A bone fracture is a condition in which there is a break in the bone. It can be caused by a high force injury or it may result from a previous medical condition that involves weakening of the bone. Common symptoms include severe pain, swelling of the surrounding ...Read more
I sprained my ankle 6 months ago and continued having pain. Doctors think I have a talus fracture. What do I do now?
I have a talus fracture for a few weeks now and I am sleeping with this boot on I do not have anymore pain can I sleep bootless? Would like to have an alternative to sleeping without the heavy uncomfortable boot on to walk and sleep in.
Ankle Pain: Talus fractures are uncommon compared to other forms of ankle fracture. Usually the injury is high impact, and prognosis is poor. Even with appropriate treatment, incidence of post-traumatic arthritis is very high, chronic ankle pain usually developing within the year. Talar dome injuries (related but less severe), have a much better outlook, and can make full recovery with a scope or surgery. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why am i having pain on the top of my foot if have a talus fracture?
- How long does it take for wrist fracture pain to go away?
- Ankle pain years after fracture dislocation
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Casts and talus fracture recovery
- Talus avulsion fracture treatment
- Do talus fractures cause your foot to tingle and go numb?
- Talus fracture
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free