Doctor insights on:
Pain Stiffness Behind Knee
Baker's cyst: Your knee very likely has cartilage wear and has an effusion, or joint swelling. Some of the fluid from the knee joint can drain to the back of the knee causing a swelling, called a baker's cyst. These are usually painful, unless they burst when the fluid can enter the calf muscles and cause swelling and burning there. The other source of swelling behind the knee can be a clot. Get seen. ...Read more
I get stiffness and soreness behind my knees when sitting in my office chair or car for more than an hour. What causes this and how do I fix it?
Prolonged: flexion and pressure on the popliteal space should not normally be a problem unless associated with prior injury, obesity, vascular insufficiency or other pathology. Try to uncover and correct these first. If none of those are in play then stretch your legs regularly to avoid. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Had severe stiffness straightening leg.Xrays showed golf ball sized calcium deposit behind knee.Doc used a needle to extract fluid. Causes please.
Probably nothing: We all get pain creaking of joints without any significant pathology; would seek help if symptoms persisit. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Pain behind knee and down calf
- Pain behind knee when bending leg
- Throbbing pain behind knee
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Knee pain when straightening leg behind knee
- Lump behind knee with pain up the back of the leg
- Pinching pain behind knee
- Lump and ache pain behind knee bakers cyst or tumor or varicose vein
- Can crestor cause leg stiffness and a shooting pain behind knee?