Doctor insights on:
Pain Medicine While Breastfeeding
Breastfeeding is providing nutrition to an infant using breat milk either directly by infant latching and sucking on the nipple or by feeding via bottle with expressed breast milk (when baby has difficulty suckling). Breast milk is the best milk for any baby but ...Read more
Usually no: because most of these drugs will be secreted in breast milk. Talk to your doctor about specific medications you're on and recommendations. ...Read more
Panadol (acetaminophen) advanced and Calcivita are safe to take while breast feeding? Am having a throat pain and legs pain .
RX- BREAST FEEDING: Few tablets will not harm baby but be careful! ...Read more
Which post-surgery pain killers are safe to take while breastfeeding? How soon after surgery can breastfeeding resume?
Post-op pain meds: Any prescriptive pain meds can be transmitted to the infant, so it is best to avoid if possible. Over the counter pain meds are also subject to transmission via breast milk, but since they are non-narcotic, have much less effects. Breast feeding can resume 12-24 hurs after most surgery, depending on the severity and length of the procedure. If possible, avoiding prescription medications is best. ...Read more
Depends on the meds: It totally depends on the medications you take to treat your migraines and the associated symptoms. Some may enter the breast milk, some may not. This would best be answered by consulting about your specific meds with your OB and your pediatric physician, maybe even your pharmacist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Cough medicines that are safe while breastfeeding
- Pain medicine while pregnant
- Burning pain while breastfeeding
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i take cough medicine while breastfeeding?
- Cold medicine and breastfeeding
- Cold and sinus medicine that is safe while breastfeeding
- Shooting pain in breast while breastfeeding
- Talk to a pediatrician online