Doctor insights on:
Pain In My Fingers And Toes
My ESR is 34, rf, aso &ana tests all are negative. I have joint pain in my finger, knee & toe. Mild swelling in 3 fingers at dip joint. Can i still have rheumatoid arthritis?
Possible: It is possible to have sero- negative ra, in which the rheumatoid factor assay is negative. It is also possible that you have another autoimmune illness, there are some overlaps in these conditions and the lab work doesn't always give an exact diagnosis. You should see a rheumatologist if your joint inflammation persists. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Need eval by doctor: Many conditions can cause joint aches and specifically in your hands and feet. Can be basic arthritis or types of arthritis from other sources such as rheumatoid arthritis, autoimmune disease like lupus or scleroderma. Blood vessels and nerve conditions , thyroid and liver d/s can also be causes. You are young so it would be important to have thorough evaluation by your doctor. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
See note. : This could be related or may be simply coincidental. Sometimes different types of arthritis may start in both the joints of the hands and toes and similarly neurological conditions such as carpal tunnel and tarsal tunnel can coincide. A more thorough history and physical as well as a more specific description of pain would aid in diagnosing your condition. ...Read more
Finger pain: Common causes of finger pain include injury or trauma, such as bending your finger backward (hyperextension) or from repetitive use, such as long periods of keyboarding. More serious conditions, such as diabetes or a neck or spinal cord injury, can also cause pain or a burning sensation in your fingers. Sore joints in the fingers may be caused by arthritis, inflammation, and age-related wear. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do i have pain in my toe joint for no reason and no trauma?
- Sharp pain in finger joint and toe joint like needles
- Joint pain in fingers and toes
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do i get cramp in my fingers and toes?
- Joint pain in fingers and toes when pregnant
- Why do i have pain in my feet and toes all the time?
- My right toe is in pain off and on can you tell me what's causeing the pain
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free