Doctor insights on:
Pain After Achilles Tendon Surgery
Talk to your doctor: This should be discussed with your surgeon. ...Read more
On your side: This seems to be the most comfortable position ...Read more
Regular shoes : After you fully recover from surgery, shoe gear modification is not really necessary. If there is not scarring on the back of the heel, then any shoe would be fine. However, you will need time to fully recover. Remember elite athletes who suffer from this injury often need a long time to recover. Please be patient and take care of yourself and listen to your doctors advice. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A friend is taking a road trip 6 weeks after Achilles tendon surgery. What problems could he have? What preventative measures should be taken?
Surgeons: Preference.Get a more detailed answer ›
Achilles tendon surgery 2 years ago this 9/1/12. I still have serve pain in my heal & when I walk I can feel like something is tearing. ?
Yes you could: But I do not advice it, because the amount of the swelling you have, also sitting in the plain going to cause more swelling. If it is urgent for you to go ask for exit seat to keep leg elevated and ask doctor to give a shot of Heparin to use so you will developed blood clots. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Swelling after achilles tendon surgery
- Driving after achilles tendon surgery
- How long does it take after achilles tendon surgery to begin rehab?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Running after achilles tendon surgery
- Recovery after achilles tendon surgery
- After achilles tendon surgery
- Pain after achilles surgery
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free