Doctor insights on:
Ovulation Calendar While On The Pill
You shouldn't be..: A lot of women say that they still feel ovulation occurring while they are on the pill, but if they are taking the pill on time/regularly/not missing pills - they are not ovulating. They may be experiencing some mild pain from something else (gi source, musculoskeletal source, etc). But ovulation shouldn't/doesn't occur in women who take their pills regularly. ...Read more
Yes: The pill is about 99% effective in preventing pregnancy when used precisely according to instructions, but it is not completely bulletproof. All birth control methods (other than hysterectomy) have an associated small % risk of failure with subsequent conception. So the bottom line is - yes - it is possible to ovulate while on the pill. Go see your gynecologist; if pregnant, pill exposure is ok. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No ovulation : One does not ovulate while on birth control. In fact that is the exact purpose of birth control -- to prevent ovulation. Breakthrough bleeding (bleeding at the wrong time) is very common on birth control. It happens in about 1/3 of users. Its no big deal and usually self corrects over time. If you are not satisfied or it continues to happen then consider using a different birth control method. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do you ovulate while on the pill?
- Can you have ovulation symptoms while on the pill?
- Can i take prenatal vitamins while on the birth control pill?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Early signs of pregnancy while on the pill
- What could reddish brown blood between periods while on the pill be?
- Can you get endometrial polyps while on the pill?
- Does missing a period while on the pill mean i am pregnant?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free