Doctor insights on:
Overdosing What Vitamin Pills Can Lead To Death
I have been taking vitamin d and vitamin c pills for a year. I took both of them once daily according to what the bottles said. Did I overdose myself?
Possible, best way:: check blood concentrations of vitamin D3 (D3, not just D or D2). The fat soluble vitamins are the ones more easily overdosed & dangerous. Yet problems are commonly way down the road & subtle. Overdose with water soluble vitamins, e.g. B group & C, is more difficult, yet research on taking C >500 mg/day correlates with ?ed cardiovascular problems. Yet no easy way to recognize on individual basis. ...Read more
I was prescribed 50, 000 iu of vitamin d2 for deficiency. Is this safe? I read something about high doses can cause hardening of the organs and death?
Big dose less effect: Many physicians prefer a daily dose of 5, 000-8, 000 iu of vitamin d3. A once weekly dose of 50, 000 iu is safe, but not as helpful due to poor absorption of a single dose of 50, 000 iu. Once 25 hydroxy vitamin d levels reach 60 - 80, the daily dose (5, 000-8, 000 iu) is usually cut in half and the patient followed to ensure the new dose is able to maintain therapeutic vitamin d levels. ...Read more
Vitamins: B vitamins are water soluble, which means if you have too much, your body simply urinates it out. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What pills that led to possible overdose death of whitney houston?
- Vitamin overdose death
- Vitamin c overdose death
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What vitamin deficiency can lead to muscle cramps?
- Can you overdose without death?
- Can you overdose on caffeine pills?
- Can a person overdose on vitamins?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free