Doctor insights on:
Overactive Pituitary Glands
Pituitary Dis: Pituitary gland has two parts, the adenohypophysis produces hormones like fsh, lh, human growth, igf-1, prolactin, and prolactin releasing dactors, acth, beta-endorphine, tsh, melanocyte stimulating hormone. On the posterior part or neuro-hypophysis: vasopresin or anti-diuretic hormone, oxitocine. Most. Common conditions are bening tumors producing excessive hormone(prolactinomas) or lack of hormo. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Pituitary "enlarged": You need a ct or MRI to see the pituitary. The pituitary normally enlarges during pregnancy and puberty. Hypothyroidism (high tsh) can make it enlarged. Bad stuff: tumors in the pituitary can develop, and they sometime secrete excess hormones, giving rise to many different disorders. Aneurisms, cysts, other things can happen, but all these are readily seen on mri. ...Read more
I doubt: That is has, or you would be dead and unable to ask this question. If your doctor has said that a portion of your pituitary isn't working properly, then ask him/her to explain. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes overactive salivary glands?
- Overactive salivary glands symptoms
- Can you live without a pituitary gland?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Cures for overactive sebaceous glands
- Causes of overactive lymph glands
- Foods that stimulate pituitary gland
- Pituitary gland
- Talk to a neurologist online