Doctor insights on:
Over The Counter Treatment For Vaginal Tear
Repair: Depends what caused it, if it is new it can be repaired by sewing it. If it is older it can still be repaired but it would be possible more involved. If is is small sometimes topical meds can be applied to heal it. You need to see your obgyn to be evaluated. ...Read more
See Below...: Since you are 46, I'm going to assume you didn't just have a baby. (After birth, the treatment is different). A bad vaginal tear sometimes needs stitches. You need an exam to know. Estrogen cream will help the healing process as well. You should see an Ob/Gyn for an exam and further treatment. Obviously, you should avoid further truama via intercourse while it is healing. Best wishes! ...Read more
Unsure: A tear implies some degree of trauma. If you have not had any trauma to the area, then a fissure is more likely than a tear. A fissure can result from irritation due to yeast, allergy, or bacterial overgrowth. You should see you physician for evaluation and treatment. ...Read more
Is this post-deliver: A "sitz" bath is the german word for sitting, and it basically means soaking in a bath tub. The purpose of this is to keep the are clean. You should check with your obgyn but normally, this area will heal well by keeping a pad with Bacitracin ointment (not neosporin) and changing this twice daily. A bath can feel soothing but a shower is perfectly fine and it is okay to get wet. Should heal well. ...Read more
Yes: Obviously, the more extensive (i.e. Higher degree) the vaginal tear, the harder it is to repair and recover but with modern surgical techniques, it should be possible. In fact, these techniques are so successful that we almost never see the sequelae of these injuries such as fistulas (openings between the rectum and vaginal or between the bladder and vagina) in this country any more. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Over the counter treatment for blocked tear duct
- Over the counter treatment for vaginal infections
- Over the counter treatment for oral thrush
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there an over-the-counter treatment for bartholin abscess or cyst?
- Over the counter treatment for gonorrhea
- Is there an over-the-counter treatment for ringworm of scalp?
- Is there an over-the-counter treatment for alcohol withdrawal?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free