Doctor insights on:
Over The Counter Treatment For Inhaled Foreign Body
Yes - smaller FB: Smaller foreign bodies can sometimes be aspirated (especially by children) with minimal symptoms at the time of aspiration - like a brief coughing fit while eating. I've personally seen cases in children with aspiration of peanut fragments, watermelon seeds etc. Which were causing chronic cough & wheezing but no choking episode was recollected by parents. These were diagnosed on bronchoscopy. ...Read more
Depends: The wound will be evaluated for position of the entry site, risk to underlying structures, risk of infection (you may need to renew your tetanus shot), and size and structures of the wound. This may require flush, antisepsis, sutures and proper bandaging. This can be done in an er or with a plastic surgeon. ...Read more
Does a facial granuloma caused by an accidental foreign body which has been removed typically disappear on its own or is treatment or surgery required?
Nasal foreign body: Assuming you have a foreign body in the nose, the foremost strategy would be to remove the foreign body. Your nose will be much happier that way, too. If the foreign body can't be taken out right away, avoid sleeping on your back, breath with your mouth open and expedite getting it out. Removal of nasal foreign bodies is typically not something that should wait...Not even longer than a day. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: The nose is connected to the lungs by the trachea, so there is a risk of aspirating a foreign body from the nose into the lungs. Signs of foreign body aspiration include sudden choking, breathing difficulty, coughing and wheezing. If you suspect your child of aspirating a foreign body, call your doctor right away. This could be a life-threatening condition. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Over the counter treatment for oral thrush
- Over the counter treatment for anal fissure
- What is the best over-the-counter body wash for oily skin and body acne?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there an over-the-counter treatment for bartholin abscess or cyst?
- Over the counter treatment for gonorrhea
- Is there an over-the-counter treatment for ringworm of scalp?
- Is there an over-the-counter treatment for alcohol withdrawal?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free