Doctor insights on:
Over The Counter Treatment For Degenerative Joint Disease
Exercise tylenol: There is no cure for degenerative joint disease. The goal is to improve function and reduce pain. Exercise is key in strengthening muscle to improve function. Pain medicines are used including tylenol, over-the-counter anti-inflammatories (advil, alleve, etc) and sometimes narcotics. ...Read more
What to do if I am 24 years old, and i was diagnosed with degenerative joint disease.How quickly does it progress?
Typically no urgency: Degenerative joint disease (aka djd) is a descriptive term for arthritis. DJD is a chronic condition that would not usually require immediate or urgent attention. Untreated, the disease can worsen. Recommend consulting with an orthopaedic surgeon for evaluation and treatment options. ...Read more
Arthritis pain: Degenerative joint disease (DJD) is a descriptive phrase for arthritis. DJD involves wear and tear to the articular cartilage of the knee. This process can cause pain and inflammation, which can range from mild to severe, depending on the severity of the arthritis. For help with treatment of your djd, consult an orthopaedic surgeon. ...Read more
What are my options for degenerative joint disease/osteoarthritis in my temporal mandibular joint?
Upshot?: If you are asking what is good about djd, the answer is nothing. If you want to know about successful treatments, then we are talking anti-inflammatory medications, general analgesics, range-of-motion exercises as well as aerobic activities. Stretching and strengthening exercises are all useful. Injections can help a ton as well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there an over-the-counter treatment for pelvic inflammatory disease?
- Over the counter treatment for inflammatory bowel disease
- Over the counter treatment for crohns disease
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Over the counter treatment for celiac disease
- Over the counter treatment for carotid artery disease
- Over the counter treatment for chronic granulomatous disease
- Over the counter treatment for fibrocystic breast disease
- Talk to a orthopedic reconstructive surgeon online for free