Doctor insights on:
Over The Counter Treatment For Costochondritis
My Dr has diagnosed me with Costochondritis. What is Costochondritis in simple terms and what should I avoid and for how long also what's treatment ?
Breast feeding: I don't believe any relationGet a more detailed answer ›
What is the best treatment for costochondritis if I cannot take anti-inflammatory medications due to chronic kidney disease?
Chest pain with breathing deep for 4 days. On day 5: stinging, pulsating pain in left chest lasting 2 hours since waking up, intensity 3/10. Gone without treatment. Could this be costochondritis ?
Yes, but: These symptoms could also be more serious. These symptoms could be due to clot in the pulmonary arteries (pulmonary embolism) or abnormal blood flow to the heart. The additional patient information listed with your question implies recent workup with d-dimer, ECG and chest xr, so maybe you have already been seen. If you have not yet, please see your doctor or go to the emergency department. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Rib/breastbone joint: Costochondritis is pain in the joints where your ribs meet your breastbone. Causes: heavy lifting or intense exercise; any illness with lots of coughing/sneezing; blow to your chest. Local treatments include creams [over the counter capsaicin, Aspirin or rx diclofenac], Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen or prescription pain relievers. Gentle stretching or heating pads may also help. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Over the counter ibs treatment
- Over the counter treatment for neuroblastoma
- Over the counter pimple treatment
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Over the counter treatment for anthrax
- Over the counter treatment for enterocele
- Over the counter treatment for cjd
- Over the counter treatment for ulcers
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free