Doctor insights on:
Over The Counter Treatment For Blood Clot In Leg
Blood thinner: Depending on the clot, your doctor can prescribe a blood thinner (various kinds) vs no treatment. ...Read more
After a majority removal of full leg blood clot with rapid lysis treatment how long will it take for swelling to go away or see major improvement?
Depends on clot type: It depends on whether the blood clot was in an artery or vein; since you describe swelling, seems likely it was a vein. Unfortunately, many times the vein can be damaged to the point that the valves in the vein do not function normally, and do not keep blood from falling to the feet. Make sure to see a good vein specialist during recovery, and follow their instructions. Good luck! ...Read more
If youre diagnosed with dvt,blood clot what is the treatment?Does it stay forever or can it be fixed?Going for ultrasound in two days because leg pain
Go to WebMD: Your question is to broad for this forum. We only have 400 characters. Visit webmd. ...Read more
It depends: It depends on many factors- i.e. How extensive the blood clots are; is this the first event? What is the cause- related to malignancy, post-trauma, related to paraplegia-whether the cause is on going? Whether you have significant hypercoagulable problems like protein c , s deficiency etc. There are many things that have to be calculated to figure out the length of therapy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Blood thinners: The mainstay of treatment is always blood thinners and there are many of these with more coming out all the time. Often the clot is left alone while the body dissolves it. Sometimes when the clot is very high up and extends above the top of the leg, the clot might be removed mechanically with a clot dissolver. Once that is done, a person still needs to be on blood thinners though. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Over the counter treatment for blood clot in lung
- What is the preferred treatment for blood clots in the leg?
- Treatment for stye in eye over-the-counter
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Over the counter treatment for iron poor blood
- Treatment for superficial blood clot in leg
- Over the counter treatment for chronic high blood pressure
- What should i look for in an over-the-counter acne treatment?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free