Doctor insights on:
Over The Counter Male Fertility Test
Male fertility is a field of study in which a person looks at the causes of infertility that men have, plus the treatments of such problems. Men can have low testosterone, poor sperm production, abnormal ducts/tubes that carry sperm, erection problems, ejaculation (climax) difficulties, etc... Doctors who specialize in male fertility ...Read more
Yes. Not a full test: The over-the-counter fertility test for men is called spermcheck and tests only sperm count (concentration): low or normal. Accuracy is ok. A full semen analysis (sa) through a fertility clinic looks at sperm count as well as motility (% that are moving) and morphology (% of normal-shaped sperm). Some clinics test sperm antibodies too. The home test is better than nothing but is not a full sa test. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Three options ...: Most times you give a sample by masturbation - fertility clinics have private collection rooms. For men unwilling/unable to collect in office, many clinics will allow you to collect at home in a container they provide then bring it in within 45-60 mins, keeping the cup at body temperature. Some guys can only ejaculate with intercourse; a nontoxic condom can be used to collect but it's not ideal. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
None I know of: The only real fertility test for men is a semen analysis which is a detailed look at the sperm and other cells in semen. It grades the sperm quality based on number, activity and shape. If the semen analysis is normal, there is no further testing necessary. When it is abnormal, a physical exam and some hormone tests are the next step. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Are the male fertility blend vitamins available over-the-counter shown to help improve count & motility?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are accurate male fertility tests available over-the-counter?
- Over the counter fertility test for men
- Best over-the-counter fertility drugs
- Over the counter fertility drugs for women
- Over the counter strep throat test
- Does drinking alcohol before taking a male fertility test change the result?
- Over the counter kidney infection test
- Over the counter strep test
- Talk to a reproductive endocrinologist online for free