Doctor insights on:
Over The Counter Glasses Near Sighted
They should not be: Get some prices, this should not matter much. ...Read more
Unlikely: What you are implying is the common perception that the wearing of eyeglasses will cause a need for them to increase. The eyes will do the best whether or not the need for eyeglasses is corrected. At your age the most significant change will be presbyopia, the need for near vision correction as one advances over age 40. ...Read more
I ve near sighted (myopic) vision and i wear glasses for that but should I wear these glasses while reading?
Near sighted, -1.00, 20/40 distance acuity. Is my vision still good enough so i won't need reading glasses?
For awhile: Near vision changes typically occur around age 40-45 and progress into our late 60's, called presbyopia. Nearsightedness does help the reading vision even into those early years, but because presbyopia progresses a -1.00 will eventually not be strong enough. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Astigmitism and corrective procedures? I am near-sighted, and have worn glasses since high-school. I feel like my eyes are gradually getting worse. I really want to get lasik-eye surgery. However, i've been told that since i haveastigmitism, this procedur
Myopic correction: If the myopia is of lower magnitude, it is possible for a person to read comfortably at a reading distance. However, if someone has moderate to high myopia, reading without any correction may be uncomfortable since one has to bring the reading material very closes to their eyes. ...Read more
Contact lenses: Yes, contact lenses can solve your problem. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best over-the-counter medications for bronchitis?
- Best hemorrhoid cream over-the-counter
- What is the best over-the-counter drug to prevent premature ejaculation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Best over-the-counter expectorant
- Over the counter antibiotics for ear infections in adults
- Silvadene cream over-the-counter
- Over the counter treatment for oral thrush
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free