Doctor insights on:
Over The Counter Colonoscopy Prep
Colonoscopy prep did not work . Drank 64 ounces and took four laxatives . Did not use the bathroom once . What should I do ? I need this test done
Is it okay to use hydrocortisone acetate suppositories to relieve rectal pains during colonoscopy prep (while on liquid or fasting)?
Rectal discomfort: During the prep is from the frequent loose stools and wiping too much. Soaking your bottom in warm water and applying over the counter ointments such as calmoseptine may help. The hemorrhoids can also get enlarged from such and can cause rectal discomfort on the inside. Hydrocortisone supp may help in that case. ...Read more
It is : Possible but not recommended. A clear liquid is anything you can see through and most yogurts I have seen are not clear! ...Read more
Possibly: The prep called GoLytly is polyethelyne glycol which when ingested causes an outpouring of body fluid into the GI tract which can lead to dehydration. It is more important to have a bland diet without roughage several days before and use a Fleet enema to clean the distal colon. A clean colon is the important issue and not the total use of oral meds to clean out the bowel. ...Read more
No time at all: your colonoscopy prep should have been done with Go-lytely a mixture of laxity r and electrolytes which stops any electrolyte depletion. If not, you can replenish your self in a few hours if otherwise healthy by drinking something electrolyte rich like coconut water. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best over-the-counter medications for bronchitis?
- Best hemorrhoid cream over-the-counter
- What is the best over-the-counter drug to prevent premature ejaculation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Best over-the-counter expectorant
- Over the counter antibiotics for ear infections in adults
- Silvadene cream over-the-counter
- Over the counter treatment for oral thrush
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free