Doctor insights on:
Over The Counter Bug Bite Meds
Is it ok to continue taking metformin even if i don't have polycystic ovaries anymore? Is it true it counters the effect of OTC pills (weight gain)
Can try HC1%, Itch-X: For bug bites, a toddler can take over-the-counter oral Benadryl to block histamine, which causes itching. Putting Hydrocortisone 1% cream 2-3 times a day on the bites for 4-5 days will help them go away. For more itch relief, one can add an anti-itch gel such as "itch-x" on the bites. Itch-x has an anesthetic to numb the itch. If bites are growing large or are painful, a doctor can evaluate. ...Read more
I have heard that over-the-counter Benadryl can decrease swelling after an insect bite. Generally, how many mgs. Is needed to decrease the swelling?
11month old seems a bit warm.Clammy hands but no fever seems fine just a bit tired with a light cough. Can i give her over-the-counter med? If needed
New onset anorexia?: Appetite is a complex process mediated by the brain, emotions, metabolic needs, health of the gut & surrounding organs. Lack of weight loss would be good news here. I recommend a visit to your doctor to discuss the circumstances that preceded your anorexia & that may contribute to its persistence. Simple testing is much more appropriate than delaying appropriate treatment with ?futile OTC agents. ...Read more
I having Migraines almost every day.I take over the counter meds no help at all.What can I do to stop having it so frecuently?
Migraines?: Your first stop should be at the Neurologist's office, for full evaluation & proper treatment. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best way to relieve tooth or gum pain using over-the-counter meds?
- Over the counter treatment for spider bites
- Over the counter treatment for flea bites
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to treat a cold sore or blister over-the-counter meds?
- Best over-the-counter meds for constipation
- Over the counter treatment for allergic reaction to insect bite
- Over the counter meds for strep throat
- Talk to a dermatologist online