Doctor insights on:
Ovarian Tumor Causing Pain To Radiate Down Leg
Can a small, solid, ovarian tumor still rupture or twist? I'm experiencing pelvic pain and am wondering if this is the cause.
"tumor" literally translates as "mass", so even a fresh bruise could be called a "tumor". Doctors use the term "neoplasm" (tranlates literally as new growth) to describe tumors that are abnormal growths of cells. These may be benign or malignant; "malignant" = cancer. In everyday usage, we use "tumor" ...Read more
If otherwise healthy: Then usually just a day or two at most if all else is doing well and there are no complications. ...Read more
Ovarian Tumor: Without knowing more information about the type and extent of the tumor, it is hard to advise you. There are analgesics for pain that your doctor can order, but if the tumor has spread to other organs or bone, the choices become more complex. It is best to consult with your gynecologist/ oncologist and discuss specific pain palliation for your specific set of circumstances. ...Read more
Near Ca/need info.: Any borderline situation regarding a tumor means that it is a step away from being cancerous. Some ovarian tumors have more malignant potential than others. Borderline ovarian tumors have cellular features of malignancy but do not invade. Thus surgery should be curative in nearly all cases. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Back pain that radiates down leg
- Pain in hip that radiates down leg
- Groin pain that radiates down leg
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Pelvic pain that radiates down leg
- Pain in groin that radiates down leg
- What causes pain in your lower back and radiates down back of legs?
- What causes pain in butt that radiates down both legs?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free