Doctor insights on:
Ovarian Teratoma Symptoms
Did a scan which said I have ovarian teratoma. I have pregnancy symptoms and menses are late two months. Could the scan be wrong? Two +ve hpc
Unknown: Tearatomas arise from multipotential germ cells. What causes them is unknown. They can contain any type of body structure or organ. One old theory was that they were an undiagnosed twin within the baby that was born. The cystic fluid is skin oil from skin appendages, which are common. ...Read more
After a laparotomy for an ovarian teratoma removal on one side, could a new one grow on the other side a few year later?
Possible removal: Once an ovarian dermoid is removed , especially in the younger patient, follow up ultrasonography is required. The incidence of recurrent dermoid cysts in a pediatric and adolescent population following ovarian cystectomy is 10.6% where only 3% will recur and require further surgical management. Eventually all are cured ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I had immature ovarian teratoma when I was 12, then mature teratoma on the remaining ovary 10yrs later. Is it possible to come back again?
Can I travel overseas in two or three weeks after ovarian teratoma removal surgery whether it is done by laparoscopy or open one?
Removal: You should have it removed by a qualified pelvic surgeon! Good luck and hope that it is benign! ...Read more
I was diagnosed ovarian teratoma& operated. They removed my left ovary & went through 4 cycles of chemotherapy. Is it normal to have iregular mens?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Symptoms of ovarian cyst after partial hysterectomy
- Signs and symptoms of internal bleeding from ovarian cyst
- Symptoms of infection after ovarian cyst surgery
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Ovarian cancer early symptoms belching
- Rupture ovarian cysts infection symptoms
- Diem brown ovarian cancer symptoms
- Ovarian cysts and gas like symptoms
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free