Doctor insights on:
Ovarian Failure After Hysterectomy
Yes: "hysterectomy " technically means removal of the uterus, not the ovaries and the uterus. A bso (bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy) means removal of both ovaries and fallopian tubes. Even if the ovaries have been removed, there is a very small chance that ovarian cancer can develop from cells that line the abdominal cavity. This chance is much less than 1 in 100. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Immediatly: Amenorhhea is what brings women in to see a gynecologist or endocrinologist. The ovarian failure may actually occur a few months before, but unless a woman is trying to get pregnant, it is the absence of a menstrual period that brings women in. That is the time when blood tests suggest the problem is primarily ovarian. ...Read more
In premature ovarian failure patients have you seen in increase in there amh levels after hrt?I was told an increase isn't common mine did >0.01-0.3
No: That change is likely just a laboratory range. When test values are at the extreme of any lab tests that variation can occur. Amh should not go up. Depending on the situation, fsh once in a while can change and indicate some transient ovarian function, but that is very unpredictable. ...Read more
I had a partial hysterectomy 8yrs. Ago (29yrs. Old). For the last 8mo. I have been experiencing sharp ovarian pain for 3-4 days after intercourse.
Possible scarring: Sometimes scarring bands (adhesions) form after having surgery. These are often asymptomatic, but occasionally they manifest as pain later on. They can be difficult to confirm, but recurrent symptoms would prompt further investigation. I would begin with an exam and a sonogram to evaluate for other causes such as an ovarian cyst. If nothing is identified, and the pain persists a DX laparoscopy. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Symptoms of ovarian cyst after partial hysterectomy
- Can you have polycystic ovarian syndrome after a hysterectomy?
- Ovarian cancer after partial hysterectomy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Hemorrhagic ovarian cyst after hysterectomy
- Can you get ovarian cancer after hysterectomy?
- Can you still get ovarian cysts after a hysterectomy?
- Ovarian mucinous cystadenoma after hysterectomy
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free