Doctor insights on:
Otitis Media With Effusion In Adults Treatment
Collection of purulent fluid behind tympanic membrane- many times secondary to nasal congestion/ viral uri- that can cause bulging of tympanic membrane, pain, redness or distortion of typical anatomic landmarks of membrane, poor mobility of membrane ultimately, tm can perforate or rupture with subsequent drainage of fluid into the ear canal. May take months for fluid from ...Read more
Depends: If evaluated by a dr. And a history and physical exam is performed with a visual inspection of you ears, a diagnosis can be forthcoming regarding whether it is viral or bacterial. Bacterial would require antibiotics, whereas a viral infection would require more supportive care of the symptoms (nsaids, ant-pyretics, etc.). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Antibiotic: Although there is some discussion about antibiotic treatment in otitis media, it is still the most common standard of care in treatment of a localized infection. The 'with effusion' just means there is fluid under pressure in the middle ear. If antibiotic treatment alone is ineffective over 3 months, many doctors recommend pe tubes. ...Read more
Asthma: Have the child be evaluated by the pediatrician. May need antibiotics as any ENT infection can worsen asthma symptoms and make your little one miserable. If the child had seen a physician and is still symptomatic then take him/ her back if they are not getting better. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Otitis media with effusion in adults
- Chronic otitis media with effusion in adults
- Otitis media in adults treatment
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Serous otitis media with effusion
- Is babbles a symptom of otitis media with effusion?
- Is vertigo a symptom of otitis media with effusion?
- Otitis media with effusion head banging
- Talk to a pediatrician online