Doctor insights on:
Otitis Media With Effusion Developmental Delay Language 03 Mo
I have otitis media with effusion and my ears have been slightly popping all morning when swallowing, is this good or bad?
Likely improving: Eustachian tube allows middle ear mucous to drain into the throat & air to circulate behind the ear drum.As the infection begins to clear, you will often have periods when the tube opens for a period letting air in (popping) or periods where it is still full of fluid or closed.I see the feature as a sign things are improving. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Collection of purulent fluid behind tympanic membrane- many times secondary to nasal congestion/ viral uri- that can cause bulging of tympanic membrane, pain, redness or distortion of typical anatomic landmarks of membrane, poor mobility of membrane ultimately, tm can perforate or rupture with subsequent drainage of fluid into the ear canal. May take months for fluid from ...Read more
Can barotrauma from a airplane be mistaken as otitis media with effusion? Do they look similar on a ear exam with a otoscope?
Does salt and caffeine make tinnitus from otitis media with effusion louder or is it not the same as tinnitus from nerve damage?
I have a ringing in one ear following otitis media with effusion, will this ringing go away when the fluid drains away?
About how long does it take for otitis media with effusion to clear on average, and will the ringing in my left ear stop with it? It came from a uri.
Within 3 months: Typically ~90% of patients will clear the effusion within 3 months. Taking medications such as a topical decongestant (nasal steroids) may speed the recovery. If the effusion doesn't clear, then you should see an ENT to make sure the eustachian tube isn't blocked. An ear tube or a simple drainage procedure may be needed. For most patients w/o any other ear issues, the ringing should stop. ...Read more
Are there any key symptoms to look for to see if otitis media with effusion is starting to clear up?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does otitis media with effusion cause developmental delay language 03 wk?
- Developmental delay language 03 mo laughs
- Cerebral palsy developmental delay language 03 mo
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is squeals a symptom of developmental delay language 08 mo?
- Is vocalizes a symptom of developmental delay language 12 mo?
- Is laughs a symptom of developmental delay language 06 mo?
- Is squeals a symptom of developmental delay language 12 mo?
- Talk to a pediatrician online