Doctor insights on:
Otitis Media (Definition)
Otitis media is also known as Middle ear infection. Otitis media is an infection of the middle ear, which is located just behind the eardrum. Patients may have ear pain, difficulty hearing, or fever.
Symptomatic Therapy: Most ear infections are viral infections and, depending on the age group and certain other factors, often can be managed without antibiotics or other specific therapy as they are self limiting. These usually require only symptomatic therapy such as Ibuprofen and/or Acetaminophen for pain. Occasionally they are bacterial and require antibiotic treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: It can be a symptom. ...Read more
Im ear pain with discharge take treatment not improved diagnosis? Fungal otitis media please need treatment
Outer ear infection: It sounds like you may be suffering from a chronic outer ear infection. This can be caused by bacteria or fungus. If this has been going on for some time, you ought to be seen by an ENT physician for accurate diagnosis and treatment. ...Read more
Is otoscopy is only way to diagnose otitis media???or clinicaly we can diagnose it?if yes thn how???
Yes: The doctor has to look at the tympanic membrane or eardrum to diagnose an otitis media or middle ear infection. One can experience certain symptoms like pain in the ear, pressure, hearing issues or fever. But definite DX is made by otoscopy. ...Read more
Collection of purulent fluid behind tympanic membrane- many times secondary to nasal congestion/ viral uri- that can cause bulging of tympanic membrane, pain, redness or distortion of typical anatomic landmarks of membrane, poor mobility of membrane ultimately, tm can perforate or rupture with subsequent drainage of fluid into the ear canal. May take months for fluid from ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Serous otitis media in adults treatment
- When can i fly after otitis media
- How long does ear discharge associated with acute otitis media last?
- Whats the difference between acute and chronic otitis media?
- Nursing diagnosis for otitis media
- Acute otitis media swollen lymph nodes
- How long does vertigo associated with otitis media with effusion last?
- How long does fever associated with acute otitis media last?
- Talk to a pediatrician online for free