Doctor insights on:
Other Illnesses Symptoms Peptic Ulcers
Dyspepsia problems: By "peptic" your question centers on diseases of the stomach of which there are many. These can be categorized as: problems with inflammation (e.g. Ulcers), with infection (e.g. H.Pylori or parasites), with motility (examples: gastroparesis, gastric outlet obstruction), with secretion (hyper or hypo-acidity), infiltrative (lymphoma, cancer), blood flow (gastropathies), functional dyspepsias, etc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Acid reducing meds: Also known as proton pump inhibitors like Omeprazole etc. Are recommended for the treatment of ulcers. Otc antacids may help with short term symptom relief but will not heal ulcers. If h. Pylori bacterium is present you will need antibiotics as well. Avoid any nsaids, or Aspirin and make sure you eat light avoiding heavy, spicy and acidic foods, including citrus, sodas, caffeine, alcohol & smoking. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Peptic ulcers symptoms and treatment
- What are the symptoms of a peptic ulcer?
- Signs and symptoms of a peptic ulcer
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Gastric or peptic ulcer symptoms
- Peptic or duodenal ulcer symptoms
- Peptic ulcer or gastritis symptoms
- What are the signs and symptoms of peptic ulcers?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online