Doctor insights on:
Other Aleve Relieve Pain Concussion
Headaches that started with a concussion 2 years ago. They can be relieved with Aleve but never seem to really go away.
My brother plays football, and complained about a headache all day. The pain did not go away even though we gave him Aleve. Is it a concussion?
Concussion?: Did your brother get hit in the head? It's kind of hard to have a concussion without being hit in the head. A headache by itself is a headache, not a concussion. What you should NOT expect from HealthTap is an answer to your question, "Is it a concussion?" There is no substitute (including HealthTap) for a hands-on assessment in a doctor's office. Please reread the HealthTap disclaimer. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
No, not early on: It is typically not recommended to take nsaids, of which aleve is one, in the early stages of concussion. This is because of the small but significant risk of bleeding that occurs with NSAID use and the possibility that there may be more of an injury to the brain (a bleed from a vessel injury) than just concussion. Tylenol is preferred as it is not an nsaid. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I've been diagnosed with adult stills disease, I've been on celabrex, naproxen, predisone n now sulindac, noneofthese relieve pain, wut should I take next?
Adult Still Disease: Adult still's disease is notable for high fevers, rash, joint swelling and pain. If pain is the prime symptom especially with swelling and tenderness, then emphasis should be on prevening joint damage as well as pain. Methotrexate alone or in combination with a biological medication such as antitnf or IV tocilizumabin are often effective. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Can i combine Aleve and tylenol to help relieve my toothache? If not, which OTC pain killer is best for my toothache?
Yes: Yes, in fact those two in combination work quite well. When the pain progresses, often times no pain medications will "make a dent" in it. You should interpret your pain as a warning sign and be evaluated before it progresses to a dental emergency. An alternative to aleve is ibuprofen. Either of these are probably your best otc options. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
What can you do to relieve the pain of costochondritis? Tried ibuprofen, aleve, naproxen, and heat pack but still experiencing bad pain frequently
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Relieve pain fron menstrual cramps other midol
- What else can i do to relieve pain in my knee other than pain medication?
- Anyone have any quick ways of relieving shin splints pain other than tylenol
- How do i relieve 12 year molar teething pain?
- How long does it take for prednisone to relieve my lower back pain?
- What is the best way to relieve tooth or gum pain using over-the-counter meds?
- Is it okay to have someone walk on my back to relieve my back pain?
- Is tylenol or aleve better for concussion headache?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free