Doctor insights on:
Otc Pink Eye Drops
depends: Over the counter eye drops may contain anti-histamines and eye lubricants. If you are seeking antibiotics, most of which will not actually treat pink eye, then you will need an ophthalmologists prescription. Medicated eye drops with antibiotics are available in many countries over the counter other than the usa. ...Read more
Follow doc instructi: Depends on which eyedrops that your doctor gave , be sure to follow what is recommeded-5 to 7 days and followed up if not resolved. ...Read more
Eye infection: I would not treat an eye infection without seeing an eye doctor to get a definite diagnosis and treatment plan. Many causes are viral and will not respond to antibiotics, and some cases of red eye are not an infection at all. Plus, some antibiotics work better than others for a given condition, depending on the patient's history. ...Read more
Ive had pink eye now for four days being on eye drops and ointments and still nothing has changed with my eye. What should I do?
Viral or allergic?: The two most common reasons for pink eye to resist treatment are 1. if they are viral, then most drops are ineffective or 2. if the problem is allergic, then antibiotics will not be effective (you may also be allergic to your treatment). Go back to your eyecare professional and clarify which of these you have. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to take redness relief eye drops when you have pink eye?
- Gentamicin sulfate eye drops for pink eye
- Polysporin pink eye drops
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Antibiotic eye drops for pink eye
- Allergic reaction to eye drops for pink eye
- Bausch and lomb eye drops for pink eye
- How long is pink eye contagious after starting eye drops?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free