Doctor insights on:
Common degenerative problem of cartilage and joints. Simply stated it is wear and tear to a point that the joint no longer can keep up with depositing fresh cartilage and the joint space thins, bone becomes exposed and pailful, bone spurs and deformity may ensue. And it starts to hurt.
Osteoarthritis is a : Common degenerative problem of cartilage and joints. Simply stated it is wear and tear to a point that the joint no longer can keep up with depositing fresh cartilage and the joint space thins, bone becomes exposed and pailful, bone spurs and deformity may ensue. And it starts to hurt. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Any type of joint involvement can affect the movement of the body. As the muscles pivot along with the joints, joint impairment can lead to loss of normal function. The Musculoskeletal function of the body is fine tuned. Any impairment of joints, muscles, tendons, or bursas can affect the total function ...Read more
Pain: Pain is not always the primary symptom of osteoarthreitis, particularly at at its earliest stages. Nor does osteoathritis of the spine always cause pain. It does cause pain especially in the the major joints of the body, ie the shoulders, hips and knees. There will be pain with weightbearing and there will be limited range of motion. X-rays will show osteoarthritis and should be done when suspect. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Diagnosis- osteoarthritis in shoulder. Constant pain - dr. Says only lasting relief is via surgery. Any other way to get relief from constant pain?
Meds/ injection: If medicine and injections and rehab do not work, surgery may be the best option. if the arthritis is severe, a shoulder replacement will alleviate the pain and allow you to remain active ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is better for osteoarthritis celebrex or meloxicam?
- Osteoarthritis vs osteoarthrosis
- Precautions diet control osteoarthritis knee
- Best ayurveda treatment for osteoarthritis or juvenile arthritis knee treatment
- Osteoarthritis and hypothyroidism
- Can you surgically remove knots on fingers caused from osteoarthritis?
- Osteoarthritis bone cracking noise
- Rowing machines osteoarthritis
- Talk to a geriatrician online for free