Doctor insights on:
Organism Causes Botulism
1. An individual form of life, such as a plant, animal, bacterium, protist, or fungus; a body made up of organs, organelles, or other parts that work together to carry on the various processes of life. 2. A system regarded as analogous in its structure or functions to a living ...Read more
Botulinum toxin: Is not denatured by heating cooking or microwaving. The baceria, corynbacteria botulinum may be killed, but not the toxin. And you cannot freeze kill the toxin either. ...Read more
Can18 months baby eats honey,friend told me that honey may cause fatal botulism before 24 months,safe after 1 or 2 years?
Intestinal growth: Spores of clostridium botulinum bacteria can be found in honey. When a child less than a year old ingests these spores they may not move them through the GI tract fast enough to prevent them from growing in the tract. When the bacteria begins to grow in the infant's intestinal tract it creates a toxin that leads to botulism. ...Read more
No: Botulism is rare, but if concerned follow these rules for commercially or home-canned foods: throw out foods that are discolored, moldy, or smell bad. Do not use products that spurt liquid or foam when the container is opened. Do not use if the container is leaking, bulging or swollen, looks damaged or cracked or seems abnormal in appearance. ...Read more
I know if you give honey to a infant that it causes botulism disease. I breastfeed and drink honey a few times a week. Does that increase mysonget it?
No: Not through breast milk.Get a more detailed answer ›
See answer below: Botulinum neurotoxins essentially prevent the release of acetylcholine (neurotransmitter) in the synaptic cleft, thus preventing the trigger of muscle contraction. The paralysis in the skeletal muscle lasts for about 3 months. It lasts up to 9-12 months if used in the detrusor muscle in the bladder. Strength eventually returns when new connections are created between the nerves and the muscles. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes botulism
- Botulism is caused by
- Bacteria that causes botulism
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What organism causes pneumonia?
- Malaria is caused by which organism
- Organisms causing uti
- Organisms that cause pneumonia
- Talk to a pediatrician online