Doctor insights on:
Open Water Swimming Technique
Should I avoid swimming in a public salt water pool when having an active lichen sclerosis flare with an open lesion?
CELLULITIS: Yes, to avoid Cellulitis (a superficial skin infection ), that can be caused after an abrasion or rupture of a boil or underlying skin lesion. I also would suggest getting retested for food and environmental allergies by blood and skin testing . Evaluation for RA /LUPUS and IMMUNE SYSTEM is also warranted. ...Read more
Depends on reason: I find infants/toddlers/kids do well in the water and enjoy the process when used as a a fun activity. Parents need to understand that it must be closely supervised and kids warned never to go near water unless an adult is with them. Swimming "lessons" are a problem when uses as a "safety" measure in children. You can NEVER drown proof a kid,ever, with lessons and I don't suggest them before 4y. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Does 62yo need physical for supervised walking, stretching+strengthening (bands/free weights+plate-loaded equip), swimming, water exercise/volleyball ?
Irritant: Irritating to skin, hair, eyes, maybe lungs. I would rather swim in a chlorinated pool than one that wasn't- decreases infections. ...Read more
I have 2 perforated eardrums and got water in both from swimming should i use some of my left over eardrops it feels as if water is in there still?
Not at all: No worries at all.Get a more detailed answer ›
Not to my knowledge: I'm curious what prompted this question. I can't think of a circumstance under which water during swimming (as opposed to diving) would be trapped in the jaw. If you could be more specific regarding the symptoms you have and what you've experienced, it would be most helpful. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- After swimming in salt water pool got itchy back and stomach
- What are the health benefits of swimming in sea water?
- My toes split open on the bottom after swimming
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes an itchy back after swimming in a salt water pool?
- Can swimming in cold water cause urinary tract infections?
- Swimming in cold water the increased frequency of urination
- Swimming river accidently swallowed water giardiasis
- Open water swimming tips techniques