Doctor insights on:
Open Repair Hip Dislocation Traumatic Without Internal Fixation
Put back in place: Any dislocated joint needs to be put back in place asap! once reduced a stable joint needs early protected range of motion and an unstable joint needs immobilization. The hip joint is a special case. Dislocation of the hip interrupts the blood supply to the femoral head, which may lead to osteonecrosis (bone death). See a board certified orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in trauma for treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Dislocation is a condition in which a bone has come out of place from a joint, usually due to a sports injury, a fall, a bike/car accident, or a birth defect. The dislocated joint can have its out-of-place bone put back into proper position, but further treatment may be needed ...Read more
Is it possible to hip dislocated in teenage? How to know if hip dislocated? What are hip dislocation effects? Does it effect children growth?
I was involved in a car accident in 2011 and one of my injuries was a hip dislocation. I was wondering if a successful virginal birth is possible?
Are people with osteoporosis more likely suffer from a hip dislocation than a shoulder dislocation?
Orthopedist: Need to see a pediatric orthopedic surgeon. Early treatment usually involves the wearing of a pavlik harness to keep the hips in a correct anatomical orientation. Sometimes surgery is required ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Open repair rib fracture without internal fixation
- Open repair patella dislocation with or without partial or total patellectomy
- Complications from open reduction internal fixation hip fracture
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Repairing orbital floor fractures without an implant
- Open repair of toe joint dislocation
- Open repair sternoclavicular dislocation
- Open repair metatarsophalangeal joint dislocation
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free