Doctor insights on:
Open Heart Surgery Scar
Open intervention on the heart to correct congenital cardiac anomalies, repair replace heart valves, ascending aortic dissection repair, coronary bypass, heart transplant, surgical removal of heart tumors, ventricular assist devices, cox maze procedures to cure atrial fibrillation, repair of trauma to the heart. Repair of iatrogenic injuries to heart, heart-lung ...Read more
My 14 week old daughter had an avsd open heart surgery repair which went well. Now has a red rash around her scar. What could this reddening be?
My son is 5 months post op from open heart surgery. He has a rash around his chest scar. It is a red sandpaper feeling. Normal or call the ped.
2 questions:can i now start using neosporin on my scar?What do you think of trying to conceive 6 months after open heartsurgery? I am 24 years old and i had open heart surgery called the ross procedure on november 2nd, 2011 due to my bicuspid aortic valve
2 answers: There is no real benefit to applying neosporin, vitamin e, mederma, etc to your scar. It is advisable to use sun block when outside. Pregnancy is certainly possible after a ross procedure but should be carefully monitored by your cardiologist and obstetrician. Remember, even after successful heart surgery, you require lifelong monitoring by a cardiologist. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I'm a 57-year-old man who had an open-heart surgery in 2008. 2 weeks ago, a stony-hard mass appeared at the site of the operation. What can it be?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Scar tissue after open heart surgery
- Open heart surgery scar removal
- How do i get an open heart surgery scar to disappear?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Open heart surgery survival rate by age
- Shortness of breath after open heart surgery
- Back pain after open heart surgery
- Shoulder pain after open heart surgery
- Talk to a cardiologist online