Doctor insights on:
Online Adhd Test For Kids
No.... But: There are no official online tests from the government or aap recognized websites for the diagnosis of adhd. It's diagnosed predominately from careful history taking and in-office observation. However, there are questionnaires available online that can assist your doctor in making the diagnosis. One of the more widely used is the nichq vanderbilt which has parent and teacher versions.See 7 more doctor answers
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (Adhd) (Definition)
A bio-psycho-social disorder characterized by inattentiveness, hyperactivity, and impulsivity. ADHD typically interferes with daily functioning or mental and social development. It is usually present in childhood, continuing into adulthood, and is genetically transmitted. ...Read more
No Single Test 4 Dx: Many people don't realize that there's no specific test that confirms diagnosis of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (w/ or w/out hyperactivity). Important 2 rule out difficulties associated w/same symptoms of adhd, incl. Medical conditions, depression, anxiety, etc. Adhd can also be diagnosed in conjunction w/other conditions. 4 mayo clinic on adult adhd see http://mayocl. In/o69pd0.See 1 more doctor answer
I did a test to see if I am ADHD online. The test was positive. I suffer from anxiety and have alearning disability.
On-line tests = junk: Don't believe a test you took on line. You need to be evaluated by a licensed psychologist or physician for such a diagnosis. I also noticed that you are 48 years old. If you didn't have a history of ADHD as a child it is unlikely that you have one now. I hope that helps clear things up. :)See 1 more doctor answer
I have problems with addtiction looking on the internet at website ADHD and taking test I was in sp ED in school but I spent $10, 800 online counsling.
Thank You: Thank you for letting us know. Please go get help in person with a good addiction psychiatrist or counselor.
How is ADHD diagnosed in children? How are kids diagnosed with adhd? Is there a test or screening that can tell me for sure if my child has it? .
Exclusion first: Before you diagnose adhd you must exclude a long list of other problems. The screening test is here http://www. Adhdoractivechild. Com/adhd-test but excluding the other problems that can look like adhd is an entirely different story. What are your child's symptoms?See 1 more doctor answer
Before I adopt a child is there a way to test a 1 or 2 year old for ADHD like with a cat scan, MRI or any other way?
Before I adopt a child, is there a way to test a 2 year old for ADHD or other brain problems with a cat scan, mri, or any other way?
Probably not: Age 2 is far too young to be able to test for many of the disorders of concern to you, and scans are not going to help. Infant psychologists can estimate overall intelligence and functioning at this age, but that may be affected by the child's circumstances before adoption. They can pick up current problems but are not apt to be great at predicting future ones such as adhd.See 3 more doctor answers
Why are kids now a days diagnosed so often w/adhd&add then back in the 80's when I was growing up? N does this run in families a lot add/adhd?
Improved recognition: Indeed adhd does run in families. I think more are diagnosed because we have better tools to evaluate for adhd, and the treatment for it has been effective, there is more acceptance of the condition. It is not correct to try to link it to the increase in the number of vacines today. In the fifties we were given more than 3000 antigens in the vaccines whereas today they get only 300-400 antigens.See 3 more doctor answers
ADHD is diagnosed by: Clinical criteria of 6/9 or > significant symptoms of Inattention +/- Hyperactivity /Impulsivity that caused harmful dysfunction at home & school for 6 mos. Or > by age 10, even if ADHD-Primarily Inattentive Type was not diagnosed in childhood. There are no biological markers; neuropsychological deficits found in people with ADHD are also found in people with other Neurodevelopmental Disorders.See 1 more doctor answer
30-65% chance: Longitudinal studies lasting more than 20 years have shown that adhd resolves in about 35% of children. But if stimulant treatement is started before 7 yo, the risk of persisting into adulthood drops to 35%. In other words, if treatment is started early, instead of a 65% chance of still having adhd in adulthood, the risk drops to 35%. Good reason to treat early.See 4 more doctor answers
Speak to your doctor: You have not provided descriptive information. The best place to start is with your child's pediatrician. Let him or her know your concerns and a description of your child's behavior and activity level. In addition, if your child is in school, get information about performance, ability to focus and attend and effect of classroom distractions.See 1 more doctor answer
Answers: If you did not have ADHD as a child and have not had a brain injury or infection, it is unlikely you have traditional ADHD. However, there are many conditions that can mimic the effects of ADHD. Thorough testing may indicate what the issues are and hopefully point you in the direction of help for them.See 1 more doctor answer
History/testing: Such diagnoses require a significant review of history, level of function, exam and a variety of tests. Alternative medical, emotional and behavioral conditions can mimic these conditions. Consult your pcp to start the process.See 1 more doctor answer
Many: Structure, good diet, holding child accountable for actions, proper school placement, athletics & exercise, proper diagnosis and stimulant medication. The latter being the most important since it repairs the pathophysiology if adhd at the cellular level. See my health files for references.See 2 more doctor answers
Yes, tests exist but: No one "test" is determinative. An experienced mental health expert may or may not even utilize a proprietary "test". Adults can easily be evaluated. Such an evaluation includes a thorough history &discussion with the expert, who then can employ 1 or more tests, or not, to provide additional info. In the end, the evaluator should use tests with which he/she has confidence.See 2 more doctor answers
Yes! Talk w/ your Dr: Absolutely! First it's best to discuss your concerns with your doctor. Consider having your child be referred for psychoeducational testing so it is clear what his /her needs are and how best to address them. If your child does have adhd, a trial of medication as well as behavior management strategies may be best to start with. Work with your doctor to determine the best resources for your child~.See 1 more doctor answer
ADHD: You can request your child's school to perform a psycho-educational evaluation. This will greatly help the pediatrician in making the diagnosis in addition to vanderbilt screening.See 3 more doctor answers