Doctor insights on:
Once You Get Bursitis Are You More Likely To Get It Again
It depends.: It depends upon what caused the bursitis to begin with. Certainly, if you continue the activities that initially caused the bursitis, and you do not change anything else, there is a higher chance that you will get it again. Bursitis prevention includes stretches, strengthening, and modification of the activities that caused the bursitis to begin with. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Possibley: You may have an underlying problem or activity which may predispose to this type of problem if you have 2 or 3 episodes i would get a good exam of the affected area to determine the cause for your problem. ...Read more
I got bursitis in my shoulder from lifting wights and after I'm healed and go back to lifting weights am I more or less likely to get it again?
Yes: Yes, you are, if you go back to lifting heavy right away and your form and posture is not correct. I would recommend starting slowly and making sure you have proper form and technique. Also, lifting different muscle groups on each day will help prevent it from coming back. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If I get repeated troncanteric bursitis and steroid injections do help the pain but it never goes away completely is it likely I have a tear
Bursitis: Nsaid's (aspirin/advil/motrin/aleve/celebrex, et al) provide both anti-inflammatory & analgesic effects for treating bursitis. For persistent cases, the bursa may be directly injected with corticosteroid to reduce inflammation. Be sure to let your doc know if you're on blood thinner before taking NSAID or have diabetes before getting steroid injections. Take nsaid's w/ food to protect stomach. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it common to get mrsa again after you have it once?
- At what age are you more likely to get peripheral arterial disease
- What days are you more likely to get pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are you less likely to get pregnant after your period?
- When are you least likely to get pregnant
- What are the factors that make it more likely to get colorectal cancer?
- Is it okay to get a gardasil vaccine while you are sick with common cold?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free