Doctor insights on:
No: Fertilization is done with nitrogen rich chemicals not strictly poisonous but obnoxious and potentially allergenic. Best not to play around until the fertilizer is absorbed by watering the lawn or until the next rainfall. ...Read more
I brushed by (& touched) an Oleander plant bush outside near the sidewalk. Oleander is poison, right? What will happen to me or my stuff it touched?
What is healthier, basil from my garden, organic basil from farmers market or basil in jars of tomato sauce?
Fresher the better: The basil from you own garden and from the fartmers' market is apt to be the freshest and thus the best. ...Read more
Yes: A very small amount accidentally ingested should not be a problem. For ingestion of more then a very tiny amount you should get to a doctor or emergency room asap. No one should ever ingest pine tar intentionally. ...Read more
How easy is it to get poisoned by rodent poisoning? (bromethalin, strychine,etc) The yard man put bait box down then touched plants & gate. Dangers?
Less than minimal: There is little likelihood from you get poisoned by the circumstances you described. ...Read more
I was diagnosed w/ scolisosis.Today used lotion that has bee venom, potentilla, comfrey, camphor, eucalyp good?
Yes: Listeriosis is a food borne illness caused by the listeria bacteria. Wash your hands after you handle hot dogs. Avoid cross-contaminating fluid from hot dogs packages with utensils or food prep surfaces. Ensure that hot dogs or luncheon meats you eat have been reheated to the point that they are steaming hot. Avoid soft cheeses blue-veined cheeses; and mexican-style cheeses. Avoid eating >. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Poisonous: Elephant eat plants contain high concentrations of oxalic acid. Eating the leaves and stems causes irritation and severe burning in the mouth, lips and gastrointestinal tract. The mouth, tongue, throat and esophagus will begin to swell, which can cut off the victim's airway. Vomiting, nausea and diarrhea can occur too. Emergency care is needed if pets or people eat this plant. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ate marshmallows roasted w/ fake fire log. Company says 'non toxic waxes' "california proposition 65... By-products known to cause cancer." concern?
Once?: If you did this once, it is probably not a problem. But burning those fake fire logs in the house often may increase your risk. There are a lot of other ways to decrease your cancer risk, so this is probably not a big deal. Eat healthy, avoid stress, get plenty of rest. These are your best bets for decreasing your risk of cancer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ate spaghetti squash (w/olive oil, goat cheese, salt, pepper). Nose swollen inside, sinusdrainage, asthma. Allergic to squash?!? Other food allergies.
Food allergy: If you ate the squash and had an immediate reaction (minutes to 2hrs) that included hives, swelling, shortness of breath, wheeze, throat tightness, vomiting or passing out then I would be concerned for a food allergy reaction. Would make an appointment with an allergist to determine what could be the culprit foods. Bring list of ingredients eaten that meal to appointment. Avoid foods until seen. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Aerosol spread: Pesticides applied as spray will be carried by the wind. The amount of exposure will depend on the direction and intesity of wind and the distance from the site of spraying. ...Read more