Doctor insights on:
Is there somewhere I can take regular sunglasses from any store and get perscription lenses for them?
Optometrist: Your optometrist or ophthalmologist should be able to make lenses for any frames you might have. Keep in mind that, unless you are buying expensive ones, sunglasses these days tend to be rather flimsy and somewhat disposable. Better to get a high quality (and stylish) set of frames from your eye care provider. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: While wearing sunglasses on sunny days to protect your eyes is an excellent idea and will protect your eyes from uv rays, it will not actually "improve" your night vision. Protecting your eyes on sunny days may help with adapting to low light situations, but after 15-30 minutes you vision will have adapted sunglasses or not. Over the long term, not wearing sunglasses can cause some eye damage. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I looked at the eclipse through a pair of sunglasses and a colored cup for about three seconds. My vision seems back to normal. Did it do any damage?
Without an exam?: probably not. But none of us can reassure you without an exam. In person. We do not just guess. ...Read more
Light input: Wearing the sunglasses in creases the pupillary size and can alter the focus a little due to this fact. Contacts can provide excellent correction and there can be a slight improvement or decrease with the sunglasses. Not a big effect and not harmful. ...Read more
I use 400uv sunglasses every time I go out in sun.I'm kinda dependent on it. At night others car headlight beam is causing me discomfort.is it OK?
I don't know why: ...you have such sensitivity to light. You would need a thorough eye exam by a licensed practitioner to find out. Cataracts are a common cause of light sensitivity but, unless the person is born with them, they seldom cause problems to anyone less than 40 years of age. I urge you to get an eye exam. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it okay to drink alcohol while you on your menstrual cycle?
- Is it okay to have sex when you have jock itch will my partner catch it?
- Is it okay to wear contacts with a broken blood vessel in the eye?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it okay to wear contacts with subconjunctival hemorrhage?
- Is it okay to take advil and percocet together?
- Does wearing sunglasses protect your eyes while on the computer?
- Is it okay to have sexual intercourse the night before a pap smear test?
- Is it okay to wear prescription sunglasses over contacts?