Doctor insights on:
Oil Of Oregano Yeast Infection
No yeast, but...: Vegetable oil won't cause yeast infections. However, no oils are very good sexual lubricants; water-based products are much better. They can be purchased at any drug store. In addition, oil can weaken latex condoms, with higher risk of breakage. Never use oil for lubrication if also using condoms for contraception or for STD/HIV prevention. ...Read more
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
I have a yeast infection on my skin. Would peppermint oil capsules or a diluted peppermint oil on the skin work?
See answer: I assume you are referring to the fungal infection of the skin called ringworm(Tinea Corporis). The usual initial treatment is OTC anti fungal creams such as Lamisil or Lotrimin. Physicians don't prescribe peppermint oil for this. Without seeing the rash I can't vouch for it being a fungal infection. If in doubt consult your physician. ...Read more
See dermatologist: See dermatologist to discuss treatment options.Get a more detailed answer ›
Is tea tree oil used topically for a yeast infection safe during pregnancy (if diluted)? Anything else recommended? Hasn't gone away for weeks with tx
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Oil of oregano for yeast infections
- Oil of oregano sinus infection
- Oil of oregano tooth infection
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Oil of oregano urinary tract infection
- How to get rid of a yeast infection with coconut oil?
- What could be causes of vaginal itching besides an std or a yeast infection?
- Can using baby oil as lubricant cause yeast infection?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free