Doctor insights on:
Oh Yeah Protein Drink
My protein drink contains so many ingredients that it ends up being 25 ounces. It makes me very full. It that unhealthy.
Not necessarily: Most of that 25 oz is water, which your body needs anyway. The calorie load is whatever, and may or may not be an issue. If your goal is to be healthy, this can be a benefit, as long as the rest of your diet is balanced. Feeling full is one way to avoid the hunger monster that makes most people overeat. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Protein- exercise: In general: before exercise load up with 20 gm of carbohydrate (sugar) for energy (fruit, gatorade...) 30-60 min before. Hydrate with water during exercise. If more than 1 hour (add another 20 gm of carbs). After exercise (within 30 minutes then use 20-25 gm of protein & 20 gm of carbs (ie whey hydrolized, gatorade chocholate drink...) to reload on the muscle- protein breakdown while exercising. ...Read more
Recovery: When lift weights other resistance training you are breaking down muscle tissue that your body will repair. The sooner you ingest protein (drinking a shake is one way, but eating real protein is just as effective and some argue better) the quicker it can be diverted to the muscles. Adding some good carbs like sweet potatoes is also useful as part of post wo meal. Try to eat/drink w/in 15min. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i drink protein shakes while pregnant?
- Should i drink whey protein on rest days
- What is a safe protein drink for dialysis patients?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are naked protein drinks good?
- What are the side effects of muscletech protein drinks?
- Naked protein drinks good
- Can whey protein drinks cause an acne breakout?
- Is it safe for a 14 year old to drink protein shakes?