Doctor insights on:
Obesity Affect Digestive
The definition started with Louis Israel Dublin, chief statistician of the Metropolitan life insurance company, in the early 1940s, as a BMI >25 (definitely >30) for people in their 20's based on retrospective observational life insurance data of the age at which people died later in life. This was subsequently adopted by the medical disease industry. However, BMI is ...Read more
I have digestive problem and acidity.i have the obesity also.nalso.now iam 25 years old.how can I reduce my obesity ?
See your doctor: If you have been involved in a diet and exercise program but unsuccessful a doctor can help you with tracking and journaling your food intake daily, your exercise program, and start your appetite suppressant medication. If your abdominal circumference, BMI, and weight are consistent with obesity the bariatric surgery is successful. You need a surgical referral for this. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sometimes depression: Obesity and depression can be seen together. The person may use food to soothe sadness, and in doing so, gains more and more weight. Then he realizes that he has become obese, and gets depressed because he feels less attractive, is unable to run as fast or jump as high as he used to do, feels helpless as he can't seem to stop eating, etc... When he eats to soothe his depression, the cycle goes on. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does obesity affect the digestive system?
- How does obesity affect your digestive system?
- How does a peptic ulcer disease affect your digestive system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does colon cancer affect the digestive system?
- How does obesity affect breathing?
- How does diabetes affect the digestive system?
- How does stress affect your digestive system?
- Talk to a preventive medicine specialist online for free