Doctor insights on:
If you were going to prescribe nystatin for gastrointestinal yeast - what would be the dosage for a 15 yr old, 170lbs. And for how long? Our dr unsure
Adult dose: I would say with her weight, give her an adult dose: 1-2 tabs by mouth, three times a day until 2 days after the symptoms resolve. If it is the liquid, give her 5 to 10 ml by mouth three times a day for the same amount of time as above. ...Read more
Can you place a drop of baby's oral nystatin on your nipples or the cream nystatin (for his yeast diaper rash)?
She was given nystatin for a yeast infection and was told she has an overgrowth of yeast in her intestine but her rash isnt getting any better in 3 wk?
I have had a topical yeast infection for 6 months. I have been on nystatin and now xologel and it is getting worse. Is there anything else i can do?
Does a "die-off" reaction after starting nystatin confirm a gastrointestinal yeast overgrowth? Would nystatin make symptoms worse for any other reason
Was prescribed nystatin tablets for external vaginal skin yeast infection (3 times a day for 21 days). How many days does it take to begin working?
Yeast infection : Should begin working within a day or two. If you haven't had any change in your symptoms by day 3, or if they begin to worse whole on the prescription, give your healthcare provider a call. It could be that it's not a yeast infection, or there might be another process going on as well, requiring a different treatment ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does taking nystatin cause die off if you are positive for intestinal yeast?
- Can zyrtec kill yeast?
- Yeast infection
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does baking soda help cure a yeast infection?
- Can you use a tampon with a yeast infection?
- How long does diflucan take to cure a yeast infection?
- Can you use triamcinolone acetonide cream for yeast infection?
- Talk to a dermatologist online